Monday, November 8, 2010



Ottawa's 26th Annual Vintage Clothing Sale:

I love vintage. Shopping vintage is like shopping at a museum. It's fashion ancestry. And why I have never made the effort to attend Ottawa's annual vintage clothing sale before this year is beyond me. It was so incredibly mythical, magical, and coooool with a capital C that I intend to make an effort to go every single year for the rest of my life. The rest of my life. Seriously. Poor J had to work on Sunday, so I headed to the show alone, camera in hand, and a 20 in my wallet. Held in the luxurious ballroom of the Chateau Laurier, walking into the sale is a time-machine journey into an era of sequins and furs. There's so much to take in that I'm sort of glad I went alone as I wandered directionless for nearly two hours--I could have spent days in that ballroom! Days! With vendors from all over Canada, it's really hard to decided where to buy, as every booth is totally unique. One of my favourite finds of the sale (I really should of just gone for it..silly Sarah) was the armadillo purse. It was literally a real armadillo, hollowed out and made into a purse. WHAT?! A REAL ARMADILLO??!! Like, yeah... It even had a head. I perhaps would have felt a little guilty carrying around a real armadillo on my arm but it was just too cool. 1920's apparently. This event is un-missable. Even if you are a vintage lover who is not an O-towny, make the trip next November. -S

No comments:

Post a Comment